As AMI looks forward to executing an exciting corporate sales incentive trip to Super Bowl XLVII for one of our clients, here are some tips and tricks on planning ahead to ensure a fun-filled, stress-free time for your entire group.
– There are many ticket resellers and wholesalers to be found on the internet; however, it is worth budget dollars to purchase the package deal directly from the NFL that includes accommodations and other premiums. You will generally not be able to choose your hotel with the NFL package; however, when traveling with a corporate group, accommodations within walking distance will make or break your event. Also, the NFL will typically buy out all surrounding properties, and a several block radius of the stadium will be blocked off from vehicle traffic.
– Speaking of transportation, it is also important to include private airport shuttles in your budget. No matter what the Super Bowl city, public transportation may be difficult to depend on and will be uncomfortably crowded causing undue frustration for your attendees.
– Be sure to communicate walking distance and expected weather to attendees in advance to encourage comfortable shoes, coats, rain gear, etc. We also planned for umbrellas for our entire group as a back-up.
– School yourself on Super Bowl venue security in advance so that you can advise attendees of what is allowed and recommended. Women with large bags = longer wait time at the gate. No outside food or drinks allowed, etc.
– Suggested add-on amenities include an American Express gift card for spending money and/or ticket lanyards with the company logo.
– If time allows, plan on a group brunch or lunch the following day rather than breakfast. This will allow attendees extra sleep time, and also an opportunity for a more substantial meal before the return trip home.
Speaking from past experience, COO Todd Bludworth says, “A trip to the Super Bowl will require advance planning. We recommend purchasing your tickets before the start of football season in August to ensure availability as many corporations will begin purchasing up the tickets as soon as football season starts. This will require managing your client’s expectations ahead of time.”