Sales Operations Specialist
AMI is seeking a seasoned sales professional with a passion for customer relationships and maximizing profit.
The Sales Operations Specialist (“SOS”) is a business development support role for new and expandable relationships. The primary responsibility is to support the expansion of the pipeline of business in new and existing accounts. Success is primarily based on meeting and exceeding revenue and profit goals in assigned accounts and growing the AMI base of business. The SOS must support the proposals and RFI/RFP responses for sales with pricing and budget support as well as standard responses to RFI/RFP questions. The SOS must develop a rapport with new client contacts, target net new sales and provide wholistic support that will continually improve the relationship. When the Director of Business Development is unavailable, the SOS will travel onsite and locally to support continued sales efforts.
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
- Report to and work closely with the General Manager, COO, and Director of Business Development on the organization’s developing business strategies.
- Support the completion of RFI/RFP submissions with standard responses pricing guidelines and budgets. Participate in pricing standardization and models for AMI services based on feedback from client sources.
- Create price proposals, budgets, and RFP pricing responses based on the requirements submitted by potential new clients. Support sales responses with budget estimates and review with the COO and General Manager for profitability projections.
- Work with potential clients from proposal development through signed contracts. Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives and further their initiatives.
- Attend the AMI trade and industry events for diverse organizations and represent the AMI brand and services at these events.
- Communicate with the Operations team and GM to support upcoming MSA renewals.
- Attend live meetings with current and prospective clients where possible or necessary. Set up meetings between new client decision-makers and AMI’s senior team.
- Become an escalation point for named account contacts. Serve as the lead for accounts as they grow, develop, and manage meetings. Liaise with CSMs on delivering SOWs for named accounts.
- Control and manage the database of contacts for marketing initiatives in HubSpot. Review and approve diversity portal entries and own the contract requirements.
- Own the diversity relationships with relevant associations such as the NGLCC and the Diversity Alliance for Science. Manage the negotiation for membership and sponsorship of events, and support AMI service provision for events.
- Act as a key user for HubSpot PandaDocs and other relevant systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field of study
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exposure to Canva is a plus
- Ability to travel on short notice; monthly travel up to 25%
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate positively with clients and internal clients
- Works well with others, supports other teams
Let’s Work Together
AMI is always looking for more rock stars.