The overall success of every meeting starts with the skill set and experience of the meeting planner. There’s the pre-planning, the budget, the venue selection and the onsite execution, just to name just a few of the tasks involved. You are entrusting the outcome of your event to this individual and should set the bar high.
So, what is the definition of a meeting planner…
meet·ing plann-er [mee-ting] [plan-er]
1. an experienced and certified individual dedicated to delivering successful, structured gatherings for third parties while working within budget guidelines and schedule timelines
2. one who provides strategic event consulting and expert provider services specific to an assembly, congress, symposium or conference of persons gathered for a particular purpose
3. a professional with an executive skill set, who through the methodical orchestration of multi level meeting logistics, delivers with precision an organized and seamless attendee experience
4. an individual capable of providing local and global event management services though a vast library of resources; a concierge to the world pertaining to events and programs such as annual conferences, pharmaceutical conventions, tradeshows, ad boards, incentive trips or sales meetings
5. professionals well versed in the latest meeting technologies and industry compliance requirements (such as the Physician Payments Sunshine Actor Americans With Disabilities Act)
Use these tips to help define the important task of searching for the meeting planner that’s right for you. We wish you all Happy Planning!
To contact AMI about your next meeting or event:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 866-337-7799