Todd Bludworth, COO at American Meetings, Inc. (AMI) provides an overview for those travelling abroad for international meetings.
Helpful tips for International Meeting Planners:
- US citizens should look into the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Familiarize yourself with local customs and laws of your destination
- Update your passport with emergency contact information
- Know how to contact your Embassy or Consulate
- Utilize the hotel concierge for local information
- Consider registering with the State Department before your travels
When managing meetings overseas you will want to take precautions and prepare yourself for anything so you can focus 100% on a successful meeting.