Let AMI help you enhance the sustainability effort in your meetings program!
Click here for information about the AMI One Tree Program.
At American meetings we are passionate about meetings and events. We understand the powerful impact of people coming together for a common purpose. As an organization we’ve worked to understand the environmental, social and economic impact of our work with clients. We are especially aware of the impact on the environment that our attendee travel produces. That’s why we’ve pledged to work on reducing the impact of producing meetings and events for our clients.
Our pledge is 3-fold: Offset - Awareness - Reduction
14 questions to ask your hotel when planning a green meeting
15 tips to green your meeting or event
- Offset The American Meetings One Tree offset program seeks to significantly reduce the carbon foot print for each meeting and event attendee.
- Reduction An impact reduction plan is implemented for each meeting and event. Here are a few ways we reduce the attendee impact of attending an event. Here are a few of the ways we work towards our sustainability efforts.
- Hotel Partners - Select hotels and suppliers with green policies and practices.
- Combine Meetings- Host all multi-session meetings at a central location to limit transportation needs.
- Minimize Paper - Minimize paper with web based invites, online event registration and electronic follow-up.
- Awareness American Meetings is committed to working with our clients to educate and help them understand the impact of their gatherings. AMI will work with your meeting champions and sustainability leaders to create a plan around reducing the impact of your meetings and events.