American Meetings, Inc. (AMI) CEO, Andy McNeill, and the AMI Network Team hosted another successful Global Procurement Day on Thursday, May 10th, 2018.
The two-day event took place at the beautiful oceanfront Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort with a kick-off dinner and meet & greet at the delicious Surf, Sun and Sand. The next day, supplier partners had the chance to attend business opportunity meetings with AMI meetings managers to showcase their company’s services and to begin developing solid business relationships. They also had the opportunity to attend a Procurement Panel discussion with keynote speakers, Dawn Ozanne-Tolman from GuideWell (Blue Cross & Blue Shield) and Todd Rice from American Airlines.
As part of our commitment to our supplier partners, in 2018, we have expanded the number of procurement days allowing for smaller, more intimate interactions with our talented AMI meeting managers and sourcing professionals.
The purpose of our Global Procurement Day is to develop stronger and deeper relationships with our partner suppliers, while also preparing them to work closely with our global network. Attendee’s included:
- David Flashner, VP Production of Avista Audio Visual Rentals
- David Medrano, Managing Partner of Interprenet
- Stephen Wheeler, Strategic Account Director of Meeting Tomorrow
- Mike Caserta, Vice President, Business Development of Educational Measures
- Dave Esslinger, Director of Sales of Visit Gatlinburg
- Sergi Ruiz Pique from Riu Plaza Hotels
- Ivette Rourke, Assistant Director of Sales of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach / Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach
About the American Meetings Network and Global Procurement Day
Our network brings together the best meeting planning talent, venues, technology, and services worldwide—to build and flawlessly deliver the custom virtual and live meeting experiences our clients demand engaging their key audiences.
AMI Global Procurement Day is the American Meetings Network quarterly procurement engagement strategically designed to match our Meeting Planners and Sourcing Managers with our Partner Supplier Network.